PhD Boğaziçi University Computer Engineering (2011- Present)
MSc Sabanci University Computer Science and Engineering (2009-2011)
BSc Sabanci University Computer Science and Engineering (2005-2009)
- Journal Papers:
- Kalkan, K. and Alagöz, F. "A distributed filtering mechanism against DDoS attacks: ScoreForCore." Computer Networks 108 (2016): 199-209, 2016.
- Kalkan, K., Gür, G., Alagöz, F., "Filtering Based Defense mechanisms against DDoS Attacks: A Survey", accepted by IEEE Systems Journal, 2016.
- Kalkan, K., Gür, G., Alagöz, F., "Defense Mechanisms Against DDoS Attacks on SDN Environment", submitted to IEEE Communications Magazine, 2016.
- I. Bilogrevic, M. Jadliwala, V. Joneja, K. Kalkan and J.-P. Hubaux et al. Privacy-Preserving Optimal Meeting Location Determination on Mobile Devices, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (IEEE TIFS), volume 9, issue 7, 2014.
- Kalkan, K., Levi, A., "Key distribution scheme for peer-to-peer communication in mobile underwater wireless sensor networks", Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications , 2012.
- Conference Papers:
- Kalkan, K., Gür, G., Alagöz, F., "SDNScore: A Statistical Defense Mechanism Against DDoS Attacks in SDN Environment", submitted to IEEE ICC 2016, Paris, France, 21-25 Mayıs 2017, can be accesed at manuscript_kalkanguralagoz_sdnscore.pdf.
- Duman, S., Kalkan, K., Egele, M., Robertson, W., & Kirda, "E. EmailProfiler: Spearphishing Filtering with Header and Stylometric Features of Emails", COMPSAC 2016, Atlanta, USA, 10-14 June 2016.
- Kalkan, K., Levi, A, "A Key Distribution Scheme for Mobile Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks",The 2012 Summer FTRA International Symposium on Advances in Cryptography, Security and Applications for Future Computing (ACSA-Summer), 2012, CANADA.
- Bilogrevic, I., Jadliwala, M., Kalkan, K., Hubaux, J.-P. and Aad, I., "Privacy in Mobile Computing for Location-Sharing-Based Services", Proceedings of the 11th Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS) 2011, CANADA.
- Ozcelik, B., Kalkan, K., Yilmaz, C., "An Approach for Classifying Failures", CENTRIC 2010, FRANCE.
- Kalkan, K., Yılmaz, S., Yılmaz, Ö., Levi, A., "A Highly Resilient and Zone-Based Key Predistribution Protocol for Multiphase Wireless Sensor Networks", ACM 2009, SPAIN.
- Book Chapter:
- Kalkan, K., Levi, A, Zeadally S., "Underwater and Submerged Wireless Sensor Systems (WSS) Security Issues and Solutions ", Wireless Sensor Systems for Extreme Environments: Space, Underwater, Underground and Industrial, Jonh- Wiley and Sons, 2016.
- Full Time Internship- NorthEastern University Boston, MA, USA (July- October 2015): Project called “Email Profiling against Spearphishing Attacks” supervised by Engin Kirda
- Researcher for EU ITEA 2 project called Attack Detection and CounterMeasures Simulation (ADAX) (2011-2013)
- Full Time Internship - Microsoft / Redmond, WA, USA (July-October 2012) : Project called “Distributed Key Manager” supervised by Dan Shumow and Tolga Acar
- Full Time Internship - EPFL / Lausanne, Switzerland (July-November 2010): EPFL & NOKIA cooperated project called “Private Optimal Meeting Location Determination” supervised by Jean-Pierre Hubaux
- Teaching Assistant, Sabanci University (2009-2011): Computer and Network Security CS 432 offered by Albert Levi, Computer Networks CS 408 offered by Albert Levi, Logic and Digital System Design CS 303 offered by Erkay Savas, Introduction to Computer Science CS201 offered by Gulsen Demiröz
- Full Time Internship - Garanti Technology / Istanbul, Turkey (August-September 2008)