- Assoc. Prof. Albert Ali Salah received Science Academy’s Young Scientist Award (BAGEP) for 2017.
- RoboAKUT got the first place in the RoboCup Iran Open 2017.
- Our graduate Etem Deniz has received the 2016 BAP PhD award for his thesis titled “Automatic Synthetic Benchmark Generation for Multicore Systems”.
- Assist. Prof. Arzucan Özgür won the Science Academy Young Scientists (BAGEP) Award.
- Prof. Cem Ersoy and Assist. Prof. Albert Ali Salah won BÜVAK Award for Excellence in Research.
- Our PhD student Binnur Görer won the Google Anita Borg 2015 award.
- Our PhD student Hande Alemdar won the Bogazici University BAP Doctorate thesis award.
- Prof. Dr. Cem Ersoy and Yrd. Doç. Dr. Bert Arnrich were at IEEE/ACM Pervasive Healthcare Conference as the head of the committee.
- Our MS student Fatma Nur Kılıçlı won the Selçuk Halaç Award.
- Yrd. Doç. Dr. Albert Ali Salah were at 15th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informatics as the head of the committee.
- Doç. Dr. Pınar Yolum was at 14th Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS) Conference as the head of the committee.
- Our BS students Gülcihan Büyükdemircioğlu, Burcu Kılıçaslan, Mustafa Demirel and Admir Nurkoviç won the İsmail Arı Project award.
- The research group, Doç. Dr. Arda Yurdakul, Doç. Dr. Alper Şen and Doğan Fennibay, developed an intersystem integration model and got a chance to get a patent in the field of research for the first time in Turkey.
- Yrd. Doç. Dr. Albert Ali Salah, was at ACM International Conference on Multimodel Interaction as the head of the committee.
- Our MS student Gül Varol got the 3rd place between 14 contestants at the Thumos 2014 competition.
- Heysem Kaya, Tuğçe Özkaptan, Albert Ali Salah and Sadık Fikret Gürgen won the INTERSPEECH 2014 Paralinguistics Grand Challenge Award.
- Yrd. Doç. Dr. Bert Arnrich got funding from the EU Marie Curie with his project “Pervasive Healthcare: Towards Computational Networked Life Science”.
- Our BS student Cihat İmamoğlu won the Rectorship Award.
- Ozan İrsoy got 3 awards when graduating.
- Can Altay, Birkan Yılmaz and Tuna Tuğcu won the best paper award at IEEE ISCC 2012 Conference.
- Didem Gözüpek won the doctorate thesis awards.
- Cem Keskin, got the first place award at the CVPR 2012 Gesture Workshop Demo competition.
- Our 2006 BS graduate student Dr. Didem Unat was chosen as "2012 Luis W. Alvarez Fellow" at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Keskin, Kıraç and Kara won the best application paper award at SIU.
- Our PhD graduate Yrd. Doç. Dr. Ali Haydar Özer got the Serhat Özyar Honor Award.
- Nese Alyuz, Berk Gokberk and Lale Akarun won the BEFIT best paper award with their projects.
- Our PhD student Derya Çavdar Google won the Anita Borg 2012 award.
- 2 papers from CmpE took the 6th and the 11th places in the "Elsevier Top 25 hottest articles" list.
- Prof. Dr. Ethem Alpaydın's "Introduction to Machine Learning" book is now published.
- Dr. Hülya Yalçın won the Marie Curie scholarship.
- CmpE students İmamoğlu and Aka won a programming competition.
- Yrd. Doç. Alper Şen won the GEBIP award.
- AILab Robotics Team got the second place in the RoboCup IRAN Open 2011.
- Cem Keskin and Eray Berger from the Medialab got the third place in the OpenNI 2011.
- Our PhD student Hande Alemdar became a finalist for the Google Anita Borg award.
- Prof. Dr. Ethem Alpaydın's "Machine Learning" book's 2nd edition is now published.
- Aykut Yiğitel and Özlem Durmaz won the best paper award at the ACM Q2SWinet 2010 conference.
- Aslı Uyar go the best paper award in the VII. National Medical Information Congress.
- Mustafa Eray Koçak and Gökberk Ergün got the first place in the Turkcell's Applications Competition, with their fall detection by using cellphone undergraduate project.
- BU CmpE Team got the second place in the "Intel Cup Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest - Embedded System Design Invitational Contest".
- Ayse Tosun and Ayse Bener's paper got an award at the AAAI/IAAI 2010 conference.
- RoboAKUT got the first place in the RoboCup.
- Derya Çavdar, Birkan Yılmaz, Tuna Tuğcu and Fatih Alagöz got the best paper award at the AICT 2010 conference.
- Yrd. Doç. Alper Şen got the SRC research fund.
- Divide & Conquer team got the first place.
- Our MS student Pınar Yanardağ Google got the Anita Borg 2010 award.
- Tekin Meriçli got the best paper and best reviewer awards.
- Onur Türkyılmaz got the TTGV award.
- Microsoft Research has accepted Ayşe Tosun as the first PhD student from Turkey.
- Prof. Dr. Ethem Alpaydın's "Machine Learning" book is now published in Chinese.
- Aslı Uyar got the best paper award at the ICMLDA 2009 conference.
- We got the best paper award at the ESAW.
- Mehmet Murat Sevim got the 3rd place at the 18the World Intelligent Games Competition.
- Ayşe Bener was selected as "Advisory Board Member of IEEE Software".
- Şerif Bahtiyar, Murat Cihan and M. Ufuk Çağlayan got the best paper award at the SIN '09 conference.
- Yrd. Doç. Alper Şen became "IEEE Senior Member".
- İsmail Arı got DAAD scholarship, and got an award in the CmpE 450 project's SCORE competition.
- SOFTLAB won the best paper award.
- Our student Didem Gözüpek became a finalist for the Google Anita Borg award.
- Our student Suzan Bayhan got the Google Anita Borg 2009 award.
- Prof. Dr. Ethem Alpaydın's "Machine Learning" book is now published in German.
- Prof. Dr. Ethem Alpaydın got the BUVAK research excellence award.
- Our PhD graduate Oya Aran's FP7 Marie Curie IEF project is accepted.
- Mehmet Murat Sevim got the second place at the 17the World Intelligent Games Competition.
- Our PhD graduate Kubilay Atasu got the best paper award at the "19th IEEE International Conference Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP'08)" conference.
- Cem Ersoy ve Fatih Alagöz won BUVAK award.
- Berk Gökberk won the Alper Atalay best paper award SIU 2007 Conference.
- İlker Demirkol's paper got into the top 10 most popular papers in July, August and September.
- Albert Ali Salah won the Europe Biometri Research award.
- Berk Gökberk and Lale Akarun won the best paper at ICPR 2006 Conference.
- Our PhD student Berk Gökberk won the Bogazici University BAP Doctorate thesis award.